Rolf Institute of Structural Integration® (RISI), Boulder, Colorado.
– Certified Advanced Rolfer™, Ray McCall and Jonathan Martine, Boulder 2007.
– Rolf Movement Practitioner, Hubert Godard and Monica Caspari, Brazil 2006.
– Certified Rolfer™, Boulder 2003.
Auburn University, Auburn, Alabama. Bachelor of Architecture, 1990.
- Barral Institute Visceral Manipulation Level 4. March 2018.
- Resources in Movement: Coordination – Indicator of Integration, Kevin Frank. November 2015.
- Advanced Trainings “Explain Pain”. April 2015.
- Upledger Institute CranioSacral Therapy Level 2. March 2014.
- Resolving Acute and Chronic Back Pain, John deMahy. October 2012.
- Barral Institute Visceral Manipulation Level 2. September 2011.
- Upledger Institute CranioSacral Therapy Level 1. August 2011.
- Neural Mobilization Level 3, Jonathan Martine. April 2011. Served as Athens workshop coordinator.
- Neural Mobilization Level 2, Jonathan Martine. April 2010. Served as Athens workshop coordinator.
- Barral Institute Visceral Manipulation Level 1. April 2009.
- Neural Mobilization Level 1, Jonathan Martine. April 2008. Served as Athens workshop coordinator.
- Spine and Pelvic Girdle, Tessy Brungardt. April 2007. Served as Athens workshop coordinator.
- Spine and Shoulder Girdle, Tessy Brungardt. February 2007. Served as Athens workshop coordinator.
- Dissecting the Seventh Hour, Jan Sultan. November 2006. Served as Athens workshop coordinator.
- Strategies for Integration, Jonathan Martine. April 2005.
- Rossiter System Techniques Unit 1, Richard Rossiter. October 2004.
- Structure and Function, Ray McCall and Carol Agneessens, August 2003.
Rolfing® Practitioner, Private Practice, Northern Colorado through present; Athens, Georgia through September 2014. Practice client-based Rolfing® Structural Integration (SI) bodywork based on the principles of Ida Rolf as taught by RISI. Incorporate multiple modalities and techniques within the framework of Rolfing® SI and Rolf Movement® to help clients increase embodiment and awareness through decreased pain, greater range and ease of motion, and improved posture. April 2003 – Present.
Rolfing® Faculty, RISI. Act in the lead instructor role. Duties include Rolfing® and anatomy lectures, classroom management and organization, assistant instructor management and direction, demonstration 10-series, 13-series, and post-10 3-series in the Phase 2 & 3 classes, Anatomy and Kinesiology lectures in Phase 1, student assessment and tableside direction, palpation and manipulation instruction. August 2016 – Present.
– Phase 3 training. Sep-Nov 2017.
– Phase 3 training. Jul-Sep 2017.
– Phase 1 training. Jan-Feb 2017.
– Phase 3 training. Aug-Sep 2016.
Assistant Rolfing® Instructor, RISI. Acted as needed in an assistant instructor role under supervision and direction of lead instructor and RISI Director of Education. Duties included demonstration 10-series, 13-series, and post-10 3-series in the Phase 2 & 3 classes, student assessment and tableside direction, selected Rolfing® and anatomy lectures, selected palpation and manipulation instruction, classroom management and organization, and being a stand-in client as needed. October 2009 – July 2016.
– Assisted Michael Polon in a Phase 1 training. Jun-Jul 2016.
– Assisted Tessy Brungardt in a Phase 2 training. Jan-Mar 2016.
– Assisted Meg Maurer, Adam Mentzell, and Nikki Olsen in a Phase 1 training. Sep-Oct 2015.
– Assisted Ray McCall in a Phase 3 training. Jun-Aug 2015.
– Assisted Adam Mentzell, Nikki Olsen, and Meg Maurer in a Phase 1 training. May-Jun 2015.
– Assisted Libby Eason in a Phase 3 training. Jun-Aug 2014.
– Assisted Juan David Velez in a Phase 2 training. Apr-May 2013.
– Assisted Jonathan Martine in a Phase 3 training. Oct-Dec 2009.
Project Manager and Consultant, University of Georgia Office of Real Estate and Space Management (RESM), Athens, Georgia. Managed design and construction services for University renovations in a part-time position with RESM. Consulted with user groups to formulate programs and budgets, produced space allocation plans for University administrators in consultation with RESM director, coordinated designs with architects, supervised construction projects, and managed logistics for internal relocations. July 2005 – June 2012.
Staff Architect, University of Georgia University Architects Office (OUA), Athens Georgia. Managed design and construction services for University buildings and landscapes. Consulted with user groups to formulate programs and budgets, coordinated designs with architects, supervised construction projects, and collaborated with other OUA staff on office projects. August 1998 – August 2001.
Construction Manager, Portland Habitat for Humanity, Portland, Oregon. Managed construction services for a non-profit low-income housing provider. Consulted with Board of Directors, Executive Director, staff and clients, performed design services, established budgets, and supervised construction staff. August 1995 – August 1998.
Staff Architect, Commercial and Industrial Design Architects, Inc., Portland, Oregon. Managed building design process from client conception and schematic design to construction completion and building occupancy for large and small commercial and industrial clients. May 1991 – August 1995.
Intern Architect. Completed architectural duties as a work-study architectural student.
– Paul Franks Architecture, Portland, Oregon. January – March 1989.
– Smallwood, Reynolds, Stewart, Stewart & Associates, Inc., Atlanta, Georgia. January – March and July – September 1988.
– Cornerstone Architects, Inc., Nashville, Tennessee. January – March and July – September 1987.